Honey Bulgar Wheat Bread
Servings: 2 Loaves
Day 1 Soaker
- 1 cup Bulgar Wheat
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 5 tsp instant yeast
- 6-7 cups bread flour
Day 1 Soaker
- Combine bulgar wheat and boiling water. Let stand overnight
- Combine soaked bulgar, honey, oil, egg, salt, yeast and 2 cups flour
- Mix 2 minutes on low.
- Add remaining flour as needed
- Continue to knead on speed 3 until the dough is springy and firm, about 4 minutes. It will still feel slightly sticky but won't stick to your hands.If kneading by hand knead for 15 minutes, or until dough feels firm and springy but still slightly sticky. The dough should spring back when gently poked with your finger.
- Oil a large bowl. Place the dough in the bowl, turning it once to make sure that it is oiled. Cover with a clean tea towel.Place in a proofing oven or warm spot until doubled (about 1 ½ hours)
- Punch down the dough.Knead gently for a minute or two and then divide it in half.Form each half into a loaf and then fit the loaves into greased 9×5 inch bread pans.
- Cover with the clean tea towel.Let rise about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until loaves sound hollow when tapped.