Whole Wheat Bread
Uncomplicated recipe for homemade wheat bread
- 4 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1/4 cup Sweetner – honey, sugar or agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 8 + cups whole wheat flour
- In a large bowl combine warm water, yeast and sweetner. Let sit for 10 minutes until frothy.
For Conventional Mixer
- Add oil, salt and flour – half a cup at a time until dough begins pulling from sides.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Knead by hand adding small amounts of flour as needed until dough is still moist and slightly sticky
- Place dough in greased bowl – allow to rise until double.
Häussler Alpha Mixer
- Add oil, salt and 8 cups flour. Set mixer speed to 1 – set timer to 2. Mix dough at 2 minutes intervals, adding flours as needed until dough is moist, slightly sticky and passes the window pane test.
- Transfer dough to lightly greased surface, perform a couple stretch and pulls. Form dough into ball and return to mixing bowl. Let rise till double – 1.5 to 2 hrs.
After proofing instruction
- Divide dough into 3 pieces and form each into loaf. Place in greased bread pans.
- Allow to rise till double.
- Heat oven to 350 and bake for 30 to 40 min